doom2d.org

Главная база плоских морпехов
It is currently 28 Sep 2020, 22:11

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 16:01 

The new engine is coming along beautifully and the new sprites are coming out great from Nonulok. The new story line that we are creating is actually alone getting me psyched. The new game which is currently untitled will have so much more than what the Doom 2D demo had but still remain faithful as a 2D shooter like what DooM 2D was. A lot of the issues that were brought up are going to be remedied including such things as pacing, the arm rotation, slopes.

I believe that this one is flowing a little more natural than our previous game since we are not trying to take a legendary game and play around with it. It was fun and an awesome experience but this time around, there are no expectations from "Well Doom plays like this" type stuff.

Currently Nonulok is replacing the GFX assets of our DooM 2D demo to slightly reflect where we will be going with the new game. But please keep in mind, it will have no new features. The code and gameplay will remain the same as the previous demo since all that is being updated with the new engine.

Once again, thanks for the interest.....

Neuntoter

PostPosted: 07 May 2012, 20:11 

To spark a little life back into this page. We decided not to rewrite an entirely new platforming engine just yet. We broke away from that and decided to create a top down shooter. The choice for this was based purely on the fact that we just created DooM 2D and wanted to take a break from that kind of coding. We now have a company page on ModDB and IndieDB if you would like to check out some of the progress. You are also welcome to check out our official Blog.

Now for the part that might spark some interest, after all this site is dedicated to DooM after all. I have started a new 2D creation for the web utilizing the Construct 2 engine. I feel that overall this is a very nice tool and it allows me to create a very sturdy underlining gameplay mechanics engine while being able to put better production time into the level design and other important aspects. As stated in previous suggestions from you all, this game will still be single player but will have a faster and aggressive pace to it. I switched to using sprites from the original 2 DooMs and maybe some small custom work. In about a month or so I will post a link that will take you directly to the page which will feature a few fun filled levels.

Neuntoter

PostPosted: 20 May 2012, 22:58 
Site Admin

Nice to see you again. I personally think top-down is less interesting than side-view, because it is a lot of games like Babo Violence, Bloodmasters, CS2D and so on, but it is still good.
Can you write links to the ModDB and IndieDB here?

And, of course, we are waiting for your Construct2-based Doom2D )

P.S. Sorry for waiting so long, it was a month of hard work for me, I even didnt have a time for the internet )

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 07:56 

It has been a very long while since I have been here and decided to come along and re read all the posts to reflect upon DooM 2D and the fun ride that both Nonulok and I had during the dev of it. I actually just finished playing the demo and fell back in love with what it was and discussed with Nonulok that we will need to revisit this game and make it better. As a company, Enguised Studios, we are working on a few other projects, one being a simplified web based platforming shooter, we will not be jumping right into the development of DooM 2D right away but it will happen within the year of 2013.

As far as assets go, I never really got a chance to look into reading .wad files and I am going to actually go to the help of spriters from Realm667.com. A good bit of custom DooM style sprites have been made there and they will not be under IDs rules of creation. So the game will be like DooM but not use its name or original assets. The episodes are going to be a series of free games with contributing spriters being acknowledged.

As far as the engine goes, I do have an advanced engine but it pulls away from what the DooM 2D engine is and I believe takes away from the magic it brought. A level editor was created for it hence level creation will flow a lot better than before. The new DooM like game will be flowing along side of our commercial game we are curently developing so it's creation will be a little slower than before.

Our ModDB page is not always updated and neither is our blog currently since we are only 2 working on a decent sized project.

Neuntoter

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 21:02 
Site Admin

Nice to see you again, Neuntoter. And nice to see you and Nonulok still making games and even made a studio )
Can you show us something about this platformer?

P.S.

I have played Tic Tok Tank - it has better gameplay than I excepted (and very special aiming system, like a Contra in tanks world).

Critique:
1. TTT definitely needs better graphics, including tiles, HUD and tanks. Maybe I even can help here (for commercial version).
2. TTT needs better collision detection, tank must not get stuck in the walls.
3. Field of view is too small for modern monitors. You should at least twice the resolution.
4. Game design needs some rasping.
5. Why I got "game over" with full-yellow tank? I thought it means "overhealth" )

P.S. Look at this very similar game:
http://alt11.chat.ru/soft/bolo.exe

It has random-generated terrain and small towers instead of terminals. When you're destroying a tower you get health.
esc, pause - exit to windows
arrows - movement
z,c - turning tower
z+c - tower to the center
x - shot.

If you wish to start from harder level you must use command line: "bolo.exe 20".

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2013, 13:43 
Приколист

У кого-нибудь осталась последняя версия игрушки этой?

Рокетланчер плавится.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2013, 13:56 
Site Admin

Лови

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2013, 14:19 
Приколист

Джа, да это не мне особо нужно. Я хочу это в раздел "Кладовка" добавить, который в новой версии сайта будет.

Рокетланчер плавится.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2013, 14:25 
Site Admin

В раздел "Другие Doom2D".
And let's speak English here.