doom2d.org

Главная база плоских морпехов
It is currently 28 Sep 2020, 20:38

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 15:01 
Приколист

Наткнулся на видео об этой игре (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eSJYaOQwCw) и решил зайти на их сайт. В итоге нашёл демо-версию этой игры. Вроде бы неплохо выглядит, прицеливание мышкой, есть приседание, красиво сделан задний план, в конце есть новые монстры. Большинство графики взято из Doom 64. Но наш отечественный Doom 2d мне всё равно нравится больше :-D
Скачать демо-версию

Сайт: http://nonulokgd.blogspot.com/.

Весь ливер сатане!

Сделайте нормальный огнемёт! :evil:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 18:20 

Выглядит интерестно, только странно что зомби стреляют по 3 шара БФГ :)
Можно ли там менять рисунки? Просто я игру ещё не скачал.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 18:53 
Приколист

На видео показана не демо-версия, а более ранняя (может альфа какая-нибудь). В демо зомби уже не стреляют фаерволами.
Igror wrote:
Можно ли там менять рисунки?

Не понял, ты хочешь спрайты поменять? Там у них формат .xnb, я с таким раньше не работал. Может если умеешь, то сможешь графику поменять.

Весь ливер сатане!

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 12:56 
Site Admin

Ух, такого в моей коллекции нет. Спасибо.
Скачал, сейчас будем посмотреть.

Позволил себе дописать сайт в заглавный пост.
P.S. 33.9Mb на 75 кб/сек вызвали раздражение. А раньше выкачивал сотни метров диалапом, по ночам, и не жаловался...

В другоЙ раз, видимо. Надо разбираться с DotNetFx. Не люблю .NET

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 23:02 
Приколист

Не совсем понял. Джа, у тебя игра не запускается? Ты делал всё как в "DooM 2D Install.txt" написано? Я сначала тоже пытался просто игру запустить, но не получалось. Потом установил XNAfx40_redist из папки с игрой, а вот dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64 почему-то никак не запускалась, но и без неё игра у меня уже заработала.
Не знаю, почему-то уже 2 раза эту демку прошёл, хотя вроде бы ничего особого в этой игре нет. Ещё мне понравилось, спуск с лесниц там сднлан как в Дейве втором (вниз+прыжок).

Весь ливер сатане!

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 16:13 

Hello,

I am glad you guys stumbled upon mine and Nonulok's game. The video you came across was actually after the game was in dev for about 1 month so most of what you did see was place holder images. Right now as is the game does have correct sprites for all weapon types and they all pretty much use the correct sounds or a sound that fits the weapon type. Yes we are using a mix of DooM 64 sprites with some DooM I/II sprites along with some new custom sprites/animations. Sounds are mostly coming from DooM 3.

I hope you guys did enjoy the short demo that was provided on the official blog page. We will be releasing a much bigger release soon after we have a major engine overhaul to correct a few major (in my opinion) bugs and engine limitations that my previous engine presented.

Ja, as for your error, I can not read the screen shot since I can only speak english. What OS are you running? I have heard some instances when Our game (XNA in general) has issues with XP. Try to go to Microsoft.com and update your .NET 4.0 and your XNA 4.0. Those are the 2 major pre requisites to run the game. I really hope that helps.

As for anyone else that did get the game to run, please tell me likes and dis likes. What features do you think would help improve the game. and what features seemed off and not liked.

Thank You

Neuntoter

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 16:58 
Приколист

Wow! Did not expect that developers will know about us. I liked your game. It is very good that the game is not like the Russian Doom 2d. Liked the graphics and the gameplay. But can I play in full-screen mode? And why is there no fist? Plan to make the multiplayer (deathmatch or/and coop)?
P.S. Sorry for my English :)

Весь ливер сатане!

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 20:44 

Hello,

Thanks for trying our version and I am glad that you liked the gameplay and presentation of our game. What initially started this project for Nonulok and I was that we both enjoyed the original DooM and Contra (NES) games and wanted to see if they could be meshed together. So after I thought of this idea, we both did research and I actually came across the Russian version and enjoyed it and it gave me hope that a 2D DooM could exist in a tasteful way. Even though I loved the Russian version I wanted mine to be different in the way that it was played.

The demo that you played is actually a dumbed down version of what will become of our DooM 2D Episode 1, hence only having a pistol, shotgun, chaingun, and a few shots from a rocket launcher. And the lack of varied enemies. As far as the fist and chainsaw is concerned, they may not make the final cut due to the style of gameplay that we are aiming for. But that may change of course since I myself love the chainsaw. Although they are all coded and working correctly in the game, we also have a ton of baddies coded and working in game.

Fullscreen mode, yeah, what happened there is that I actually dev the game in windowed mode and then when I release a patch I change the windowed code to fullscreen. Well the last patch I did I completely forgot to change that and started some new code which prevented me from updating the viewing mode. Although soon it should become an in game option.

Please, if you have any more questions or even ideas that may make the game better, I am all ears. :)

Neuntoter

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 20:54 

Oh, and multiplayer..
no plans for that just yet, we are currently making a single player campaigne to tell our version of the DooM story better

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 21:05 
Приколист

neuntoter wrote:
Ja, as for your error, I can not read the screen shot since I can only speak english.

That's pretty much just a standard windows error, 'the application has stopped unexpectedly'.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 23:07 

Prostovitalik - Thanks for that translation.

Reasons for the sudden stop or closing could be caused by a variety of things. main things I would check for.
Update or re install following.
XNA 4.0
.NET 4.0
DX9

I have heard of a few issues where XP does not like or play nice with XNA 4.0. Regarding that issue I have been looking into a fix but have not yet found one yet.

I wish I could help a little more than the obvious.

Neuntoter

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 04:43 

Hey, guys. My partner Neuntoter told me about this site and that you guys started a topic about our game. Just thought I'd drop by too and say "Hi!" And to check out the games being built here too.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 11:41 
Site Admin

Hello!
I am glad and surprised to see you here.
How did you know about this thread on the Russian-language forum? Google Alert?

I have installed Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20914 and .NET Framework 4 from http://www.microsoft.com/net/, then updated DirectX.

But it still does not work on both my PCs (with XP Home and XP Pro).

Maybe I just have not enough luck )

Attachments:
err.png
err.png [ 2.24 KiB | Viewed 9503 times ]

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 12:38 
Приколист

Hi Nonulok.
As for the game:
1) I found no thoughtful fight with the boss (I killed him, but he never shot me)
2) On stairways doomer is in the air.
3) Why such large tiles of the walls? Because of this cave is angularly.
4) I would like to add more secrets and puzzles.
5) In the video saw that Caco flies on a definite trajectory, can make him a free flight?
6) Do you plan to do Arch-Vile?

Весь ливер сатане!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 13:20 
Site Admin

Nice parallax background.

There was another 2D Doom with similar type of targeting, by Ilya Seletsky aka Potnop. May be, it can be useful.

Attachments:
potnop_screen2.jpg
potnop_screen2.jpg [ 56.66 KiB | Viewed 9496 times ]
potnop_screen-1.jpg
potnop_screen-1.jpg [ 58.86 KiB | Viewed 9496 times ]

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 15:04 

Ar888:
1) All enemies in game have a specified eyesite. Somehow when you killed him he actually never saw you. I am actually laughing at the screenshot because I never thought of killing him this way. But your right, it does pose an issue since it does make for a senseless boss fight. I will most likely fix this issue by changing the way you drop into the boss lair to force you into it's eyesite. Cause once that happens the boss fight isn't all that bad.

2) No climbing code has actually been done yet so as of now all "stairs" are actually platforms. this has already been fixed by the new engine that I have been working on for this game. But unfortunately for now that is how it is and is (I agree) very awkward.

3) So far the engine that I am using only supports square tiles, We make the tiles out of (in the demo) 80x64. Our new engine layout they will be 64x64. The avg enemy stands around 128 high along with the DooM Guy. I am hoping to get slanted collision on the tiles, but for now they are squared.

4) This will definitely happen. The demo is a dumbed down version of the first few of many levels that will come. At the time we did not have a proper level editor which made level creation a pain in the butt. Now we have one and can make better and more sophisticated levels.

5) The Caco along with all other flying AI acts this way. It will be updated. We needed some form of AI for overall testing. As of right now, the flying AI adjusts itself in height while flying to overcome obstacles and to fly down breaks in the floor to hunt the player. I could make another video showing this if you would wish to see the updated AI for flying creatures. That Alpha video is actually very old and many changes have taken place since then.

6) Arch-Vile?? Of course. We actually plan on having all DooM I and II creatures in our game along with a ton of extras. As you seen with the spider boss. Our goal with DooM 2D Episodes is to actually release the game in many episodes to break up the way we present the story to the player. Each episode will have a themed like area to it featuring new enemies, weapons and of course advancement in the story. Each episode will have about 4 - 5 stages and about 6-8 sub-levels each. We are planning about 20 - 30 episodes in total.

This DooM project is actually a side project we are working on to test our 2D engine out of tribute to our love for this game. So it kinda feels DooMie but may be off a little because the engine in creation for this is actually meant to be a universal 2D engine.

Jabberwock:

I did come across the game you are pointing out and was not able to download it since the link was dead. a very poor shame cause it did look promising.

I will look into our game and XP. I know a few of my friends have played this in XP so I will ask them their secret. As far as knowing about this forum. I am all powerful OZ. No, just kidding. Our official blog shows us where our traffic comes from, and I just like to visit the sources. The post Ar888 made with our blog link showed on our stats and I came here. We will spread the love and link you guys on our blog page cause I really do like what you all have going on here.

Thanks again for feed back. I love to hear whats on others minds and you guys really did bring up some great stuff.

Neuntoter :)

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 16:10 
Приколист

I think you should make all the guns shoot more rapidly, but do less damage. Probably except the shotgun.
Also, if you keep your crosshair on yourself while walking, you will lock into standing-looking-up sprite.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 16:20 

the shooting suggestion would defined quicken the actual gameplay to make for some crazy fights with many baddies on screen. As for the crosshair and sprite that shows. Coding that I need to work on. The issue with this is that I really am at a loss of how to go about this case scenario. I kept it the way it is and figured I would better this when I have other mechanics and game pieces working better and in place. How would you handle this case?? right now I have it so the game checks to see location of mouse and then it will determine angle to shoot projectile and what sprite to show. Maybe I should separate them and do 2 different passes. one for shot direction, and then another for sprite shown.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 16:46 
Приколист

And you can make a player's hand moving? That is individual sprite and move it along with the weapon. So it will be more realistic. This system is used in NFK (Quake 3 in 2d). In my opinion, this game has many similarities with yours. There is also tile system, but a game grid 32 * 16.

Весь ливер сатане!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 17:59 
Site Admin

Or you can use for hero a sprite system like one in Heli Attack 3. It defenitely makes more sense than nfk.

I did not found Doom2d from Potnop on my HDD. All I have now is this screenshots. Sorry about it.